There are a number of reasons why you might not want to build on Ethereum but have your own blockchain.
1. Ethereum is expensive.
If you’re looking to build a decentralized application or service, you’ll likely need to pay for gas fees in order to have your transactions processed on the Ethereum network. This can quickly become expensive, particularly if your application is popular and sees a lot of use.
2. Ethereum is slow.
Ethereum’s transaction processing times can be slow, particularly during times of high usage. This can make it problematic for applications that need to process transactions quickly or in real-time.
3. Ethereum is congested.
Ethereum’s network can often be congested, particularly during times of high usage. This can make it difficult to get your transactions processed in a timely manner.
4. You may not want to be reliant on a third-party platform.
If you build on Ethereum, you are essentially relying on a third-party platform to host and manage your application. This can be risky, as the platform could be subject to outages, hacks, or other problems that could impact your application.
5. You may want more control over your application.
If you build your own blockchain, you’ll have full control over your application and can customize it to suit your needs. This can be beneficial if you want to create a unique user experience or offer features that are not available on Ethereum.
Overall, there are a number of reasons why you might not want to build on Ethereum but have your own blockchain. Each situation is unique, so you’ll need to weigh the pros and cons to decide what’s best for your specific needs.
Other related questions:
Q: Can you build a blockchain on Ethereum?
A: Yes, it is possible to build a blockchain on Ethereum.
Q: Is it possible to build your own blockchain?
A: Yes, it is possible to build your own blockchain. There are a few different ways to do this, but generally it involves setting up a network of computers (called “nodes”) that all have a copy of the blockchain data and work together to validate new blocks of data that are added to the chain.
Q: Why is Ethereum better than other Blockchains?
A: Ethereum is unique in that it allows for the creation of decentralized applications (dApps) on top of its blockchain. This is possible thanks to Ethereum’s smart contracts feature. Other blockchains, such as Bitcoin and Hyperledger, do not have this capability.
Ethereum is also more scalable than other blockchains. It can handle more transactions per second than Bitcoin and has shorter transaction confirmation times.
Lastly, Ethereum has a large and active development community. This is important because it means that there are more people working on Ethereum-based projects and that there is more support available for users.
Q: Why do people build on Ethereum?
A: There are a few reasons why people build on Ethereum:
1) Ethereum has a very active and vibrant community that is always working on new and innovative projects.
2) Ethereum is a very flexible platform that allows developers to build a wide variety of applications.
3) Ethereum is a decentralized platform that allows for a wide variety of applications to be built without the need for a central authority.
- Why wouldn’t companies create their own blockchain rather …
- Is It Hard to Build a Blockchain From Scratch? | by Sinai Nday
- When is it Time to Build Your Own Blockchain? – HackerNoon
- Build Your Own Blockchain – FACILELOGIN
- Code Your Own Cryptocurrency on Ethereum (How to Build …
- Building for the Blockchain | Y Combinator