If a node does not receive a block in blockchain, the node will not be able to validate the transactions in that block. This could lead to double spending or other security issues on the network.
Other related questions:
Q: What will happen to an invalid transaction when it is received by a node?
A: When a node receives a transaction, it will check the transaction for validity. If the transaction is valid, it will be added to the node’s transaction pool. If the transaction is invalid, it will be rejected by the node.
Q: What happens if a blockchain node goes down?
A: If a blockchain node goes down, the network will continue to operate as normal. However, the node will be unable to participate in consensus or process transactions.
Q: What happens when a transaction fails on blockchain?
A: When a transaction fails on blockchain, it is typically due to one of three reasons:
1. The transaction was never broadcast to the network
2. The transaction was not included in a block
3. The transaction was invalidated by a miner
- If all the nodes in a blockchain are turned off, are all … – Quora
- What happens if a node successfully generates a new block …
- How blockchain node behaves upon receiving a new block …
- What would a full node do if it finds an error?
- Blockchain: What are nodes and masternodes? – Medium
- Blockchain blocks and nodes explained. – LimeChain