If you were holding Bitcoin in a Blockchain Wallet on the date of the fork (August 1st, 2017), you are eligible to claim the equivalent amount of Bitcoin Cash. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to claim Bitcoin Cash if you held Bitcoin in a Blockchain Wallet on the day of the fork.
1) Go to https://www.blockchain.com/wallet/#/login and log in to your Blockchain Wallet.
2) On the left-hand side panel, click on “Bitcoin Cash” (under the “Assets” heading).
3) On the Bitcoin Cash page, click on the “Claim Bitcoin Cash” button.
4) A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm that you want to claim your Bitcoin Cash. Click on the “Claim Bitcoin Cash” button again to confirm.
5) Your Bitcoin Cash will now be credited to your Blockchain Wallet.
Other related questions:
Q: What happens to my Bitcoin If fork?
A: If a fork occurs, your Bitcoin will remain safe. However, if you want to access the new fork, you will need to get a new wallet that supports it.
Q: What happens when blockchain forks?
A: When a blockchain forks, it means that there is a split in the chain and two separate chains are created. One chain contains the original blocks and transactions, while the other chain contains the new blocks and transactions.
Q: How do I claim Bitcoin address?
A: In order to claim a Bitcoin address, you will need to provide proof of ownership of the address. This can be done by providing a signed message with the address, or by providing a copy of the private key associated with the address.
Q: How do I claim for BTG?
A: There is no single answer to this question, as the process for claiming BTG may vary depending on the exchange or wallet you are using. However, in general, you will need to hold your BTC in a private wallet (i.e. not on an exchange) and then follow the instructions provided by the exchange or wallet provider to claim your BTG.
- Claiming your forked coins – Coinomi Support
- A Guide to Bitcoin Forks and How to Claim Them … – 99Bitcoins
- How do I claim my forked coins? – Exodus Support
- How to Get “Forked Coins” From Bitcoin Forks
- How to Safely Claim Any Cryptocurrency Fork