The bitcoin blockchain is a distributed public ledger that records all bitcoin transactions. It is constantly growing as “completed” blocks are added to it with a new set of recordings. The blocks are added to the blockchain in a linear, chronological order. The most recent block is always at the top of the blockchain. The bitcoin blockchain is typically referenced as a chain of blocks, each block containing a hash of the previous block up to the genesis block at the bottom of the chain.
Other related questions:
Q: How long is the blockchain for Bitcoin?
A: The blockchain for Bitcoin is a public ledger that contains all the transaction data from the network. It is constantly growing as “completed” blocks are added to it with a new set of recordings. The blocks are added to the blockchain in a linear, chronological order.
Q: What came first Bitcoin or blockchain?
A: Bitcoin came first, with blockchain technology following shortly thereafter.
Q: When did Bitcoin use blockchain?
A: Bitcoin started using blockchain in 2009.
Q: Can the Bitcoin blockchain be deleted?
A: No, the Bitcoin blockchain cannot be deleted.
- What Happens to Bitcoin After All 21 Million Are Mined?
- What Does the Bitcoin Blockchain Record? – Investopedia
- What cryptocurrencies will look like in 50 years – CNBC
- A timeline and history of blockchain technology – TechTarget
- How long does it take for a Bitcoin transaction to be confirmed?